Outdoor kitchen and bar, Bulls basketball half-court, Vinyl swimming pool and waterslide, Boulder waterfall, Two-tone paver patio
Sometimes the best way to get the landscape design of your dreams is to build it in phases. The DWE team designed this backyard in West Islip, Long Island, NY to allow for immediate construction of the pool area, which included a waterslide and waterfall. The second and third construction phases, which will stretch out over the following two years, will include an outdoor cabana with storage room and then a half-court basketball and volleyball court with landscape lighting. By organizing the landscape construction into carefully planned phases, the new amenities and patio addition will feel seamless, not piecemealed. And having a master plan allows for more accurate construction budgets, clearer timelines, reduced mishaps and avoidance of unnecessary costs .
- Develop a contemporary 3D landscape design
- Allow for the project to be built in three phases
- Create a patio that will look good and function with or without the pool enclosed since the need for a fence will change as the family evolves
- Provide a place for the adults within site of the pool area
- Town restrictions on lot coverage made it difficult to provide all the luxuries our clients wanted
- Difficult elevation differences between the pool and back doors was a challenge—having the step-up in the right spot makes all the difference
- This project is all about planning for the next phase in construction to avoid unnecessary costs.
- Ipê wood feature wall
- Outdoor kitchen and bar
- Bulls basketball half-court
- Vinyl swimming pool and slide
- Boulder waterfall
- Nicolock pavers in two-tone colors