Pool with zip line, outdoor kitchen with BBQ and bar, fire pit
Our clients wanted to take their small backyard and create a space that could maximize functionality and give their backyard the feel they desired. They wanted a space they could entertain but also keep it simple. The use of materials was important to our clients, one of which happened to be an architect. Multiple levels with different functions allowed us to create an interesting quality of space while maximizing efficiency and use of their yard.
- Keep the layout of existing deck.
- Provide adequate dining space and a BBQ with a bar top
- Maximize the sunlight for bathing in the sun and shade area for dinner.
- Limited use of space
- Large list of “must haves”
- Create separate areas with different functions but allow it to flow and feel like one space.
- Due to the height of the deck, plant screening and privacy was important.
- Cleverly located trees solving privacy issues.
- Providing a modern contemporary feel with the use of large decorative planting pots and clean-lined furniture to give it a sleek and modern feel.
- Outdoor kitchen with BBQ and bar
- Natural stone lends to the timeless look that will keep this project looking fresh and new for years.
- Pool with zip line
- Roof addition to existing deck
- New materials on outside of home to match new landscape
- Fire pit